Persons seeking membership in this church shall be willing to meet the following conditions:
- Submit a completed Membership Covenant form.
- Have an interview with a pastor, elder, or another member recommended by one of the pastors. During the interview he shall show evidence by testimony that he is a born-again believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Ask for and receive water baptism if he has not been baptized as a believer.
- State his desire to have his membership transferred from his former church to Southland Church if he is a member of another church, assuring the interviewing pastor or elder that he is not leaving his former church because of unresolved conflicts between him and any member(s) of that church.
- Express an understanding of the government of Southland Church with a desire to cooperate with its leadership to work together to strengthen the church and its efforts for Christ.
- Be willing to assume a normal amount of responsibility to work in the ministry of the church in accordance with the gifts and callings of God.
- Support the work of the ministry at Southland Church with his attendance, tithes, and offerings.
Southland Church Membership Covenant
Southland Church is a local church with a vision to reach as many people as possible with the gospel of Christ. Our primary goal is to create and use all possible methods, which are in the spirit and guidelines of Christ’s teaching and to reach out into our community with the love and forgiveness of God. The secondary focus of the ministry is to provide leadership training in order to make disciples of those who have made Jesus Christ the Lord of their lives.
In submitting this membership request to the Pastor and Elders of Southland Church, I am declaring the following:
- I have asked Jesus Christ into my heart to forgive my sins, and become my Lord and Savior. Though I am not perfect, I desire to serve and obey Him with all my heart.
- If I have been a member of another church prior to coming to Southland, I confirm that I am not leaving that church due to unresolved conflict with the leader or a member of that body. I have done everything in my power to leave that ministry on good terms and with a good witness.
- >I realize that the Bible speaks of every member of the Body of Christ assuming a portion of the responsibility and work in the church, in accordance with my gifts and callings. With the help of the leadership of this church, I will use my gifts and abilities for the good of the Kingdom of God. I will also support the work of the ministry at Southland with my tithes and offerings.
- I commit to maintaining family and private worship, to rear my children in the nurture and Spirit of the Lord, to seek the salvation of all members of my own family and of my acquaintances, and to strive for maturity in myself and in my fellow Christians.
- I commit to following Christian principles of morality in my daily living, to be ethical in my dealings and faithful in my commitments, to promote the unity of fellowship by proper attitudes and careful speech. To establish a reputation in the community that I am a person of integrity and character, loving my fellow man, and providing no stumbling block of offense to him as I seek to zealously share Christ and advance the Kingdom of God here and throughout the world.
- I commit to respect the leadership of the pastors, elders, deacons and home group pastors and to encourage them in their efforts to give spiritual oversight and guidance.